HOW DID YOU MEET?
In homeroom our freshman year of High school at St. Francis DeSales in Columbus, Ohio we started dating a couple months later. I had a huge crush on him from the beginning. 🙂
TELL US ABOUT THE WEDDING DRESS:
My dress was from La Jeune Mariee Bridal collection. The designer was Romona Keveza it was a mermaid style with a sweetheart neckline with ivory lace. My favorite part was the lace that came over the neckline a little bit to touch the skin. I really wanted something form fitting since I’m normally a short and tee shirt kind of girl. It was maybe the 10th dress I tried on and I couldn’t take it off. I very rarely cry and never thought I would just from finding a wedding dress…but I did hahah.
WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND YOUR BRIDESMAID LOOKS?
The designer was Watters which I also found at La Jeune Mariee Maids. All of my bridesmaids are stunning but the all have different figures. I hate seeing brides pick dresses that may be flattering for one body type but not for others. I was online and found a beautiful halter dress with an A line bottom and immediately fell in love. It had sequins and lace on the top and draped plain fabric on the bottom it came in a blush/sandstone color. As I kept looking I saw they had 4 other styles and with having 7 Bridesmaids and still wanting them to look similar I found it perfect because they could still look alike but pick the style that they felt the most comfortable in. We ended up having 3 girls in the halter dress, 2 in the strapless and 2 in the deep V style dress with sheer fabric in the V. They were stunning!
LET’S TALK BLOOMS! DESCRIBE YOUR BOUQUETS & BOUTONNIERES:
My Aunt and Uncle each own their own flower shop so this made my life very easy. My Aunt did all the Bridal parties flowers as well as all the church decorations. My uncle did all of the flowers at our reception. I only had a couple requests when it came to flowers, that there were Orchids (my favorite flower) and Iris’(My late grandmothers name was Iris).
My bouquet was made up of white orchids with violet and blush roses with cascading lilies, and orchids with some greenery. The bridesmaids were a simple round bouquet with the same roses along with beautiful big hydrangeas. My husband had a white orchid and the groomsmen had a blush rose as their boutonnieres
The head table had a massive light up tree in the center along with two smaller ones on the end that all had flowers placed in them. there were also two other large arrangements on the head table making 5 in total. my Uncle did every other table to have either a large or short arrangement. the large tall ones were cascading with iris and orchids along with other flowers.
DESCRIBE THE LOCATIONS OF THE DAY:
Both Bridal parties got ready at the Hilton downtown. The ceremony took place at Our Lady of Victory in Grandview. The priest married my parents, and baptized my sister and me along with a lot of other things. Having him marry us was a no brainer. It is a very small Church seats around 250-300 and we had that place packed. The reception was at St. Charles in the Walter Commons, we liked it because it was very spacious (for our event with 500 guests) and it had a sort of outdoors feel with the big skylight, and the brick walls.
DESCRIBE THE OVERAL LOOK AND STYLE OF THE DAY:
I didn’t really have an exact look I was going for in the beginning my whole family is in the bridal industry so I kind of told them what I liked and they did the rest. I want to say that it was sort of a fairy tail enchanted forest feel. Our colors were silver, violet, white and blush. We had beautiful big Trees with little lights in them around the dance floor and big cascading flower arrangements on the tables. I wanted to keep it elegant but with a little extra. My husband and I are pretty simple normally so we didn’t originally want anything too glitzy or girly.
WHAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST EMOTIONAL PARTS OF THE DAY?
Aside from the obvious of seeing my husband for the first time. It would have to be including my Nonno (grandpa) into a first dance after I danced with my dad. I love my Nonno so much he has been one of my biggest fans and best friends from day one, we are attached at the hip. I was very close to my Nonna as well who unfortunately passed away a few years ago so I knew this day would be hard for him. It was nice to have a special moment with him on the dance floor to show him how much he truly means to me.
ANY INSIDER TIPS FOR PLANING A WEDDING?
I do have a few hahah
- Make a list of everything you need to do coming up to the wedding. Having a list of all I needed to get done before the wedding helped me so much from the big things like, booking a venue to the little things like getting my dad a handkerchief. Being able to cross the things off as I completed them also made me feel a little less stressed.
- Remember your parents through all of this- Yes in my opinion you should get a gift for your future husband or wife but I also think you should for your parents. They are losing a daughter or a son, so having something special for them really shows you care and are always thinking of them. for example; I got my dad an embroidered handkerchief and personalized cufflinks and my mom got a pair off earrings that almost matched my bridesmaids.
- Don’t let the little things stress you out- I have to admit I was so nervous about so many things I don’t think I got to fully enjoy the whole process like I should have. Most people won’t even notice if things don’t go as planned. At the end of the day you’re marrying your best friend and thats all that matters.
- Do a first look- This is something I didn’t do and I wish I did although everyone is different. With everything going on the day of your wedding that would have been the only time I would have been able to have time with just him and we could have had an intimate moment of seeing each other with out having 500 other people seeing us for the first time as well.
- Pick a great photographer- My husband and I still talk about how having Style and Story capture our wedding was the best choice we made through the whole process. I’m very happy we had you do the videography as well. There were so many things we didn’t see at the ceremony until we looked back at the videos or the pictures. These are memories you’re going to have and want to share for the rest of your life so having great quality photos for us was a must.
- Enjoy your day!
Category Company Name City State Phone Number URL Ceremony Site Our Lady of Victory Columbus Ohio (614) 488-2428 http://ourladyofvictory.cc Reception Site St. Charles Preparatory School Columbus Ohio 614-252-6714 https://www.stcharlesprep.org Photography Style and Story Columbus Ohio (614) 401-6462 http://www.stylestorycreative.com Flowers Renos Floral and Gift gallery Westerville Ohio (614) 899-9189 http://www.renosfloral.com Wedding Dress Designer Romona Keveza (La Jeune Mariee Bridal collection) Columbus Ohio 614.228.2700 http://www.lajeunemariee.com Wedding Dress Salon La Jeune Mariee Bridesmaid Dresses** Watters (La jeune Mariee Maids) Groom’s Menswear** Romanoff Classic Tuxedo Columbus Ohio 614-461-1775 http://www.romanoffsclassictuxedos.com Catering Catering by Scott Columbus Ohio 614-237-1949 http://www.cateringbyscott.com Cake Le Gateau Columbus Ohio 614-939-1930 https://www.legateau.net